Share/Save my site

Share/Bookmark

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Performing Songwriter (Canada, 2002)

Performing Songwriter (Canada, 2002)
Mar/Apr 2002, Vol. 9 Issue 60

The Musical Montage of Nelly Furtado
By Russell Hall
It’s telling to note that when Nelly Furtado is asked about her stint on Lilith Fair, she adroitly maneuvers the conversation toward talk of her appearance on Moby’s innovative Area: One tour. Nothing against the Lilith crowd, mind you, it’s just that Furtado instinctively gravitates toward the more musically eclectic.
“That was my dream tour”, says the 23-year-old singer-songwriter, with unabashed enthusiasm. “When I started making music, I always dreamed of doing the big rock festivals. All my favourite bands were there – Incubus, the Roots, Outkast, Moby, Paul Oakenfold… I sang with the Roots every day, then I would do my set, then I would sing with Moby. It was very open-minded, with no [genre] labels at all. Everyone was there to hear new, cutting-edge stuff.”
“Canções Desafios” is another type of fado, one that’s totally improvisational. It’s similar to what Latin salsa singers do sometimes, when they freestyle their lyrics” – Nelly Furtado

Pics Whoa Nelly Shoot: Click Here

0 Comments:

Twitter Facebook Digg Favorites More